Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Beginning

Hi,

My name is Wrenn. Most people call me Lauren, but a lot of those are floating around. "Laur" wasn't a good option either, so I went with the latter half of my name and added a few letters.

I'm 21 years old and a journalism major at Rutgers University. Music and photography are my two favorite things in the world. I'm a Radio DJ for 90.3 the Core, an independent, student-run college radio station on Rutgers University's Livingston Campus. Check out our website: www.thecore.fm.

My radio show, also called "Eclecticism," airs Sunday nights from 9-10pm. I play a variety of electronic music spanning chillout, dance, dubstep, and whatever else seems to pop in there. You can stream online, or if you're in the Piscataway area, turn your radio 90.3fm. I'll try to post all the playlists, but I never make promises.

Last.fm has been a favorite site of mine. It's probably the best representation of what I'm listening to, since I always have trouble answering that question. At the time of me writing this post, I found this "Paste my taste" feature which generates something for you to post wherever. It's cheesy, but it's pretty accurate. It reads:
I'm into electronic, indie, electro, dance and alternative, including:

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Bag Raiders, Vitalic, Starfucker, Fenech-Soler, Gold Panda, MSTRKRFT, Noisia, HEALTH, Miike Snow, MGMT, The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, Mane Mane, Cut Copy, Fujiya & Miyagi, Four Tet, Röyksopp, Tipper, Growing, Tobacco, Fuck Buttons, VibeSquad, Holy Ghost!, Frikstailers.
Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/w12enn
I've never really been fond of blogs, but I figure if I’m trying to make a living writing, I should probably be writing something. My hobbies take me to interesting places and websites, so why not tell people about it. Now, here I am writing a blog. I hope that you follow along.

- Wrenn