Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts...: Ellie Goulding

I can't get this song out of my head! Ellie Goulding's "Starry Eyed" is probably the guiltiest pop music I've had stuck in my head since Robyn. This song has the worst lyrics ever. There's not really anything good about this song except that it's catchy as hell and the beats are great. Goulding works primarily with producer Starsmith, which explains the awesomeness buried beneath the augmented vocals and cheesy lyrics. That's probably why I love it. Starsmith has worked with some of my guiltiest pleasures including Kylie Minogue and Robyn. As much as I hate this song, I will keep listening to it on repeat. The Penguin Prison remix is decent. Theophilus London appears on the track, giving it some Brooklyn urban edge. 

Speaking of Theophilus London, he's got his latest EP streaming on myspace. The song "Strange Love" is my favorite. London raps over a sample of Prince's "I Would Die 4 U," and Prince makes any track sexy as hell.

Ellie Goulding - "Starry Eyed"




Ellie Goulding - "Starry Eyed (Penguin Prison Remix) feat. Theophilus London"

Theophilus London - "Strange Love"