Monday, November 07, 2011

Mix Monday: Maelstrom - BNR Introduction Mix




Joan Mael Péneau is a dj/producer from France who's been making beats for 10 years. For the past seven years, he's been working under the name Maelstrom. I've been on a huge disco kick, but the combination of aggressive electro, deep house, and lush synths makes this a killer mix. His upcoming Tanger EP will debut on the new Boys Noize digital sublabel, BNR TRAX, just in time for American Thanksgiving. I don't think my family will enjoy Maelstrom as the feasting music. I'll have to remember headphones.

MAELSTROM BNR INTRODUCTION MIX by Boysnoize Records


Tracklist:

Maelstrom – La Sheitan
Drums Of Death – I Cant Take It (Tomb Crew Remix)
Blawan – Lavender
Distal – Chit Chat (Vocal Edit)
Blawan – What You Do With What You Have
Bok Bok + Tom Trago – Time Master
Maelstrom – Draggin
SCNTST – Globus
Bart B More + Rubix – Ari (Disco Of Doom Remix)
Luke Walker – Tough Love (Attaque Remix)
Maelstrom – Tanger
Drums Of Death – Cold Lazarus
Donovans – Dark Knight
Scuba – Adrenalin

Sweet spots:

(I couldn't embed the remix, so check it out here.)


Bart B More & Rubix - Ari (Disco Of Doom remix) by BMKLTSCH RCRDS