Tuesday, August 05, 2014

The Kickoff: PHUNKTASTIKE - SPA IN DISCO "Super Disco Heroes"


I had a hard time finding something that really felt right today. As much as I default to all the beachy nu-disco, I've been craving more of a darker tinge. There is still that urge to disco, but things need to get a little moody. One track that's been on repeat lately is this Blondie remix that Spirit Soul Music label head Phunktastike gave away a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to throw it in the show, but it's so different from everything else I've been listening to lately.

This mix that Phunktastike did for Spa In Disco sort of captures that moody essence I've been craving. It works well for the late night folks. The pace sort of lurks around, but it's still something that allows for dancing. Sadly there isn't a playlist for this. Enjoy Phunktastike's Blondie remix after the jump instead.