Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Poolside - Pacific Standard Time


Finally, it's here! A whole album of Poolside! At about 3am, something got me to check on the status of Poolside's debut Pacific Standard Time. I'm so happy it turned out to be the day it was released. Not only was I able to order the sweet double LP appropriately on gold and turquoise vinyl, it also came with the download on the receipt. Hooray for instant gratification!

If you haven't heard of Poolside, honestly, I'm sorry. You're missing out. It's been a year since "Do You Believe," and more recently Summer is basically halfway over.The epitome of summer music has been absent from your life. (Unless you're in the southern hemisphere. I guess it's technically winter right now -- hmm.) Everything you do in the summer could be done to this album. Obviously it's perfect for sitting by the pool or on the beach, but you can also get down to a lot of these tracks. There's a great little groove going on here. But to get you up to speed, or for your enjoyment, let's listen to some Poolside.

Poolside - Do You Believe by Poolside Music

Poolside - Why You Wanna by Poolside Music

Poolside - Slow Down by Poolside Music

Poolside - Take Me Home by Poolside Music

Poolside - Harvest Moon by Poolside Music

Also, if you're catching this before July 16th, KCRW has a stream of Pacific Standard Time available in its entirety. Check that out here. I made it about 30 seconds into the second track before I decided to buy it. Head over to the Poolside store. These guys are self-releasing this, so I feel especially good about my purchase. Plus, it's coming on gold and turquoise vinyl. I can't wait!

Pacific Standard Time most definitely has a spot on my top 5 albums for 2012. The year is barely half over, and I think my top 10 for the year is almost complete. It's going to be tough.