Tuesday, September 02, 2014

The Kickoff: Isaac Tichauer - "Music To... Celebrate To"


Music to celebrate to... I was actually able to enjoy Labor Day by having the day off on Monday. So in the true holiday spirit, we're starting on Tuesday. By now everyone should understand my fan girl obsession for all things French Express and in particular my love for Isaac Tichauer. This is a great way to jump back into the weekly routine.

The mix starts off light and jazzy, then gets deeper and deeper as it progresses. What I'm really digging about this is that track after track, Tichauer maintains that jazz swing throughout the mix. It's quite pleasant. Pretty much everyone associated with French Express is known for being able to capture strong emotion and sentiment in house music. While there's still some emotion in these tracks, I feel like this mix is more carefree--maybe that's because we're celebrating. Listen and decide for yourself.