Monday, April 16, 2012

Mix Monday: Zimmer - Desert Drive | April Mixtape


It upsets me that it's 84° right now in my house, and there's no air conditioning. Every year I like to think I like summer, but when it goes over about 70°, I go insane. Winter is definitely my favorite season, but in all fairness, summer has its own thing. I'm especially fond of barbecues, the abundance of ice cream, and most importantly, my birthday. There's also something about music of the summer. I do like summery beach tunes. 

This summer, I'll surely be rocking this Zimmer mix at the beach. As soon as I get tired of the Bromance mix I put in my car, this one's getting the life spun out of it. Anything with Monitor 66's "Triscuits" wins me over in a flash. And all this tropidisco (or what I've been referring to as tropidisco) has been amazing. I want more! If only I were planning a trip through the desert. Maybe one day when gas isn't ridiculously expensive, I'll go on a desert drive and listen to some Zimmer. Stay cool, enjoy the tunes.

Zimmer - Desert Drive | April Tape by Zimmer

Tracklist:

1. Zimmer - Cruisin' (Lou Teti Remix)
2. Neighbour - You Can Do It
3. Chordashian - Black Eye
4. Lou Teti - Love It (Dublin Aunts Rework)
5. Monitor 66 - Triscuits
6. Moon Boots - Got Somebody
7. Alpine - Hands (Goldroom Remix)
8. Only Children - Down Fever
9. Munk & Peaches - You Can't Run From My Love
10. Sebastien Tellier - Cochon Ville (Hey Champ Remix)
11. Lauer - Trainmann (Tensnake Franceman Mix)
12. Housse De Racket - Chateau (Mickey Remix)
13. Balla - Montra (Moullinex Remix)
14. Zebra and Snake - Money In Heaven (Helsinki 78 82 Remix)
15. Dimitri From Paris & DJ Rocca feat. Hard Ton - Pretty Baby
16. Kennedy - Karate (Tronik Youth Edit)
17. Zimmer - Slave To Your Heart (ft. Jeremy Glenn) (Xinobi Remix)
18. Mercury - Running Back To You (feat. Christopher McCay)
19. M83 - Reunion (Mylo Remix)
20. Duff Disco - Over To The Left


And just because I'm completely obsessed....

Monitor 66 - Triscuits (Original Mix) [Forthcoming on House of Disco Records] by Monitor66