Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Golden Filter - Favourite Things


Ever walk into a store and think, "Wow, this is a really good song"? I'm sure everyone's done it at least once. It happens to me fairly often. A venture to the mall doesn't just include material things, there's also the welcomed list of songs I'm obligated to ID. Well this time, I came across this track by The Golden Filter. Apparently it was on an old Kitsuné Maison compilation -- go figure. Even though it's an old track, it's a new favorite. (I was tempted to say it's one of my "Favourite Things," but I couldn't bring myself to do it. You're welcome.)

The Golden Filter 'Favourite Things' by Dummy Records

It looks like this New York duo has some more recent projects. I haven't had a chance to check out the film that's on their website (and Vimeo) as of me posting this, but I plan to. They have an interesting aesthetic. I'm not immediately in love, but I can't look away. The closest comparison I can think of is that blank stare that happens when looking into a fire -- it's so beautiful, you can't help but stare. Here's another track and music video.